BTEC: BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport Development and Coaching
Why study BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport Development and Coaching?
The BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport Development and Coaching is equivalent to three A Levels and is highly valued by employers, universities and colleges. This is a highly successful course at the College, offering fantastic career and academic course progression. It will give you the skills you need for a range of careers in the sports and leisure industry – as an instructor, teacher or coach, or to work in sports administration and sports development. This is a practical sports course run over two years which will give you the chance to complete projects and assignments. It will also give you an opportunity to lead and plan activities and events based on realistic workplace situations.
What will I study?
There are eleven mandatory units:
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
• Professional Development in the Sports Industry
• Sports Leadership
• Sports Psychology
• Coaching for Performance
• Sports Event Organisation
• Development and Provision of Sport and Physical Activity
• Coaching and Leading for Participation
• Provision of Sport for People with Physical and Learning Disabilities
• Physical Education and the Care of Young People
Additional units include:
• Application of Fitness Testing
• Practical Sports Performance
• Work Experience in Active Leisure
• Exercise and Circuit-based Physical Activity
• Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through a variety of internal and external assessment methods.
What are the entry requirements?
To join a Level 3 BTEC course, you should have one of the following;
- Four to five GCSEs at grade 4 or above including GCSE English Language
- A Level 2 BTEC Diploma including GCSE English Language.
What Havant adds to this
You’ll go on trips to local universities and strength and conditioning facilities. You will have the opportunity to represent Team Havant in a wide range of sporting activities.
Your destinations with this course
The BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport is valued by employers and Higher Education (universities and colleges). If you want to get a job straight away you could work in a range of careers including: sport and leisure industry, as instructors and teachers, or in coaching, sports administration and sports development.